Congratulations on your decision to attend the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and for choosing to join the Lambda Nu Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta. The chapter was founded in 1898 and has a long-standing tradition of excellence at both the local and international levels.
You will receive a letter from the House Corporation at the end of July that will provide information about moving into the chapter house and fraternity life. This letter will include your housing contract, which will need to be signed and returned when you move into the chapter house.
The House Corporation will host an orientation for freshmen parents and students on Saturday, August 7, 2021 at the chapter house. The meeting will take place at noon. The house will open at 11 a.m. The July letter will contain specific information.
Phi Gamma Delta provides suite-style housing. Your room will consist of a shared study room with two or three bedrooms (each bedroom will have two or three roommates). Each bedroom will include:
- An extra-long twin bunk bed (mattress measurement is 38″ X 80″)
- Dresser space
- Wardrobe space to hang clothes
Your address will be:Your Name Phi Gamma Delta 1425 R Street Lincoln, NE 68505 Food service is provided Monday to Friday and consists of hot breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Items you’ll want to bring:
- Dress clothes (suit or sport coat/dress pants, dress shirt, tie, dress shoes, and socks) for Monday night dinner and formal events
- Bedding (sheets, pillows, comforter, mattress pad, etc.)
- Bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths
- Shower tote and flip-flops
- Shampoo, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and razor/blades
- Clock radio
- Laundry bag, detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, and quarters (the chapter has two sets of coin-operated washers/dryers – the cost is $1 per load)
- Robe and slipper
You will want to visit with your roommates about other items such as furniture (couches, chairs, etc), TVs, electronic equipment, refrigerator, etc.
The fraternity does not allow you to put holes in the walls to hang pictures, TVs, etc. A supply of 3M Command Products will be available, but you may want to bring additional hooks and hangers. Flat-screen TVs will need to be on a stand.
You should not bring the following:
- Drums and amplified guitars
- Toaster ovens, electric skillets, electric grills (i.e. George Foreman grill)
- Any appliance with open heating coils
- Space heaters
You want your parents to check with their homeowner’s insurance to see if your personal property is covered on their insurance while you are in college. The Fraternity’s insurance DOES NOT cover your personal property. You may want to consider purchasing a renters insurance policy to cover your personal possessions.
If you have any additional questions, send an email. This address is monitored and you will receive a response.